Updates to the Azure platform, must spend some time on this soon
We are excited to announce that we have released an update to the Windows® Azure™ SDK and Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio®. These latest releases are available here:
- Install both the Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio and SDK: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=128752
- Install the Windows Azure SDK alone: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=130232
What’s new in Windows Azure SDK
- Support for developing Managed Full Trust applications. It also provides support for Native Code via PInvokes and spawning native processes.
- Support for developing FastCGI applications, including support for rewrite rules via URL Rewrite Module.
- Improved support for the integration of development storage with Visual Studio, including enhanced performance and support for SQL Server (only local instance).
What’s new in Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio
- Combined installer includes the Windows Azure SDK
- Addressed top customer bugs
- Native Code Debugging
- Update Notification of future releases
- FastCGI template
We will continue to release updates to Windows Azure and its tools based on your feedback. Please visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=130231 to share your Windows Azure experiences.
Thank you for your continued interest.
Azure Services Platform Team