I was given the task of installing Team Foundation Server on a single server, and there are a few things to check and need to have installed before you can install
First read and the supplied TFSInstall.chm install guide file. This is key – if you are new to the TFS install and do not follow the supplied “checklists” for your chosen set up, you will endure pain and agony.
I pretty much tried to follow the install guide by the book, but below points out some specifics of our set up and the issues I came across.
- I install Windows Server 2003 on a Virtual Machine
- Install IIS
- Install SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition
- Install SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2
- Apply all the updates to Windows
- Downloaded en_visual_studio_team_system_2008_team_foundation_server_workgroup_x86_x64wow_dvd_X14-29253.iso from MSDN subscription and extracted the files.