Here is a set of link you may need to get you going with Azure and the Microsoft Cloud
DDD7 presentation by Chris Hay, includes Power Point Presentation and Source Code, this is the best examples I have see to date
Here are a few links I have found on my travels, that will help getting going
The Azure Services Platform is designed to help developers quickly and easily create, deploy, manage, and distribute web services and applications on the Internet. Windows Azure is an operating system for the cloud that serves as the development, run-time, and control environment for the Azure Services Platform. Windows Azure provides developers on-demand compute & storage to host, scale, and manage web applications on the internet through Microsoft data centers.
Windows Azure is elastic, flexible, and interoperable. With Windows Azure developers can achieve high levels of service availability and application interoperability while maintaining freedom of choice.
The Windows Azure SDK provides developers with the tools and APIs needed to develop, deploy, and manage scalable services in Windows Azure.
The Azure Services Training Kit will include a comprehensive set of technical content including samples, demos, hands-on labs, and presentations that are designed to help you learn how to use the Azure Services Platform. This initial PDC Preview release includes the hands-on labs that were provided at the PDC 2008 conference. These labs cover the broad set of Azure Services including Windows Azure, .NET Services, SQL Services, and Live Services. Additional content will be included in future updates of this kit.
Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio extend Visual Studio to enable the creation, building, debugging, running and packaging of scalable services on Windows Azure.
Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio includes:
- C# and VB Project templates for building Cloud Services
- Integration with the Development Fabric and Development Storage services
- Debugging Cloud Service Roles running in the Development Fabric
- Building and packaging of Cloud Service Packages
- Browsing to the Azure Services Developer Portal
- Role configuration
- SSL Certificate selection
Five webcasts for Azure to help you along the way
- Part: 1 Azure Services for Developers: Fundamentals
- Part: 2 Azure Services for Developers: Developing a Windows Azure Application
- Part: 3 Azure Services for Developers: .NET Services
- Part: 4 Azure Services for Developers: Microsoft SQL Data Services
- Part: 5 Azure Services for Developers: Live Framework Services