Like Windows Vista, you can perform a number of changes to increase the performance of Visual Studio.
- First make sure you have the latests Service Pack installed.
- Under Options, make sure Animation environment tools.
- If you don’t use the Navigation bar, then turn this off.
- Make sure Track changes of off. In Options, Text Editor and uncheck Track Changes.
- Track Active Item in Solution Explorer, remove this, it can be found in Options, Projects and Solutions. (Don’t do this for a VB application)
- Disable AutoToolboxPopulate, this is found in Options, Windows Forms Designer
- Disable the Startup screen by selecting Show Empty Environment
- When loading Visual Studio, disable the splash screen “devenv.exe /nosplash”