When is something done? What does DONE mean?
In the teams of software development, here is a definition that can apply to this process:
Definition of Done
The meaning of done is an agreed upon list of the activities necessary to get product increment to a production ready state.
- Development completed
- Passed code and peer review (Pull Request in BitBucket)
- All Technical documentation is created and stored in the source repository
- Sanity check to confirm technical debt is identified and logged in the tech debt register identified and logged/recorded?
- Testing has been completed and no issues logged against acceptance tests.
- Deployed and tested against the acceptance criteria in a valid environment
- All non-functional requirements have been met
- Regression test packs updated
- Update tickets, including documentation, annotation and outcomes
- Product owner/Business Designer has signed off the work.
- Release to Production
These are the necessary steps that apply to the development process where every you work