MVC 2 has been released, I’ve been developing an application using the RC and I am very happy with the new features, there are so many, Areas, Auto-Scaffold UI Helpers with Template Customization which I just love.
I’ve just had to un-install my MVC 2 RC and install the official release of MVC 2 and it worked without any problems.
- New Strongly Typed HTML Helpers
- Enhanced Model Validation support across both server and client
- Auto-Scaffold UI Helpers with Template Customization
- Support for splitting up large applications into “Areas”
- Asynchronous Controllers support that enables long running tasks in parallel
- Support for rendering sub-sections of a page/site using Html.RenderAction
- Lots of new helper functions, utilities, and API enhancements
- Improved Visual Studio tooling support
To download click here
For more details check out Scott Gu’s blog on MVC 2 Released